MASTERCLASS: Maximize Your Impact: Engage Volunteers Strategically In Your Mission, On Your Board And In Your Work II.
The second portion of this masterclass will give participants opportunities to prepare a volunteer development (getting started) or volunteer training (getting them motivated) or volunteer engagement plan (getting them to stay) – the level of plan depends on how you are currently succeeding with your volunteer boards and with volunteers in other ways you have utilized their skills and interests. Discussion of the various plans will end the session, and there will be opportunities to exchange new ideas with colleagues.
As a participant you will learn:
- Techniques for recruiting, engaging and retaining volunteers,
- How to interact with volunteers in ways that keep the staff/volunteer relationship clear,
- Ways to maximize the volunteer experience: for the volunteer, and for your organization,
- How volunteers increase your capacity for effectiveness as an organization and provide staff with a “back up work force”.
This masterclass is mainly designed for:
- Anyone who would benefit from working with volunteers – probably mid to senior level people or entry level people with responsibility, e.g., for special events.
Masterclass Kay Sprinkel Grace