Philanthropy In Central And Eastern Europe 2020-2022
During the session, we will present the results of research conducted in 2020-2022 among the residents of 11 CEE countries (N=600 per country). We will show the scale of support for social goals, discuss the main motivators and barriers to it, and give recommendations on how to develop the philanthropic activities of societies in our region. We support conclusions with observations from consultations carried out in selected countries with key actors and decision-makers in the area of social engagement.
- 2020: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary
- 2022: Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania and Slovenia
N=600 interviews per country, national representative sample
Qualitative study / Consultations:
- 2021: Poland
- 2022: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Hungary
around 10-20 in-depth interviews (IDIs) per country with key actors and decision-makers in each country, mostly umbrella organizations for family businesses and SMEs, non-profits, academic institutions, and national and international organizations supporting social engagement in the region.
- Knowledge about the scale of support for social goals in CEE countries,
- Tips on how to address barriers preventing private and business donors from being active in tackling social issues,
- Catalogue of motivators that could increase social involvement in the region.
Who should attend:
- All people interested in strengthening civil society in the region.